As of October 29th you can also download the .torrent file of the EU patch and the full NA patch from the Wargaming site to preload the patch files early. The version 8.9 patch release date is October 30th for EU server and 31th for NA.
The T-44-85 has been postponed due to re-balancing need stated by some developers. Official 8.9 release notes can be found here.
The 0.8.9 test server is live now. The update is quite big, about 6GB and you can find the test client here to see the current state of version 0.8.9 for yourself, or you can check the WoT 8.9 Test Impressions post to learn more.
A lot of news and leaks have been released through various sources, I hope I caught them all, if not I’m sure you’ll help with the comments as usual. Thank you all for that.
The most interesting thing about version 8.9 is the second German TD line with 360 degree turreted TDs at tiers 8,9 and 10 and an autoloader at tier 10 which might be a beast, but it has also been said that the 360 degree turrets might be reconsidered during testing.
A nice overview of the 8.9 supertest has been leaked on livejournal and translated by FTR:
- IS-3 upper frontal armor slope changed, angle is better (no armor thickness change)
- some armor change on KV-1S (something with lower frontal plate)
- Panzer V/IV and V/IV Alpha made to look historical
- small rebalance (buff) of following arties: SU-26, SU-122A, SU-8, SU-14-1, SU-14-2, Object 212A, GPz Mk.VI(e), GW TigerP, GW Tiger, M41, AMX 13 105 mle.50
- small buff of following tanks: BT-7, Panzer I, H35, D1, Cruiser Mk.I, Vickers Mk. E Type B, Jagdpanzer IV, Renault FT AC, Universal Carrier 2-pdr, Lorraine 40 t, Vickers Medium Mk. II, B1, Churchill VII, VK 30.01 (P)
- Object 212A and IS-3 armor and visual model reworked
- armor models of following tanks fixed: Tiger, Tiger P, Marder II, Panther II, КВ-1S, SТ-I
- small visual model fixes of following tanks: А-43, S-51, Т-28, IС, Т18, Tortoise, T-34-3, IСУ-152, Birch Gun, Cruiser Mk. III, E-100, WZ-132, Somua SAu 40, M53/M55, 110, FV207
There was a couple of earlier hints about the development of some other nations tanks, released via livejournal:
- SerB is not sure about the E-50M being balanced well in 0.8.8
- new aim reticle and reload timer will come out in 8.9
- RU251 will not come in 8.9, as there are still some issues with obtaining some info from Münster
- it’s possible to expect the T-44-85 to appear publicly in 8.9, but not guaranteed
- In version 8.9,
KV-1S will lose its 122mm gun, Foch, Foch155, T57Heavy and one more tank will be nerfed and about 20 tanks will be buffed (currently not known which), but it has also been said by the Chieftain that the US rebalance has been postponed from 8.9 till later.
-KV-1S will not be nerfed in the nearest future, but devs are considering splitting it into two separate tanks (OP, probably KV-85 and KV-122)
Follow us on Facebook to receive the latest mod updates, bonus codes, bonuses and more interesting World of Tanks info in your News Feed and maybe even catch some Free Gold giveaways along the way.
Who knows? ;)